How Should We Be Blow Drying Our Hair?
Let’s face it, even if you have the straightest, non-frizziest hair, blow drying your own hair is really hard. Some common hair sins:
- We accidentally apply too much product.
- We forget to towel-dry your hair and are blow-drying it when it’s too wet.
- We attack our strands with a brush first instead of using a comb.
Instead, experts recommend that these are the best ways to blowdry:
- Towel dry as much as possible first – your hair should be 60 or 65 percent dry before you start, says Rodney Cutler, a celebrity stylist.
- Carefully divide your hair into small sections, and apply your styling product to each section at a time from top to bottom.
- Blow dry the bottom sections first, then the top ones.
- Finish with a quick blast of cold to lock in the style and add shine.
But, even when following that advice, achieving the salon blow out look at home can feel next to impossible.
As Rob, owner of Artisan Hair, a luxury salon in Cary, NC explains, hair stylists for blow outs are doing one thing and one thing only: making sure your hair looks amazing. And that includes getting the back of the head, the hardest place to reach if you’re doing your hair at home. With such even results, it’s no wonder we’re addicted.
What Is A Blow Out Salon?
At our blowout salon, a hairstylist will wash and style your hair for you. It’s the perfect solution for the busy mom, the working woman – any woman who wants to skip the morning hassle and feel pampered.
Rob says that, all too often, we don’t allow ourselves the time it takes to get a perfect hair look. Many women only spend 15 minutes or so on their hair, but at a professional blowout salon, hair stylists for blow outs will spend 30 minutes or more on getting you gorgeous. That includes dividing the hair into very small sections and drying and styling each one before tackling the next one.
Why Are Blow Out Salons So Popular?
If you’re hooked on blowouts like we are, you know that their magic lies in the simple way polished and professionally styled hair gives any woman confidence. Women who walk into our salon in Cary are coming from the gym, headed to work, a night out, or any of the myriad number of activities that dominate the modern woman’s life. The great blowout they leave with helps them feel good and ready to face what’s next.
Contact us today to request an appointment.